Tuesday 8 March 2016

She's A Jukebox Hero's Official Women's Day Playlist

Happy International Women's Day! 

The first ever IWD was celebrated in 1908, and while we've come a long, long way, there's still a long way to go. Nonetheless, it gives me great hope to know that we're continuing to work together towards a future where we are ALL equal, and where 'feminist' isn't a dirty word. And, though Lisa Simpson was worried that we'd come up in a world where our role models would be as empty as Malibu Stacey, rest assured there are plenty of ass-kickin' ladies in history to look up to. 

As for me, anyone who knows me (or reads this blog), will know that my lady-heroes are the ones who rock. Women in the music industry have always been present, and they continue to dominate the industry both behind the scenes and on stage. In honour of them, I've compiled a playlist, featuring some of my favourite women in music. These women inspire me, and listening to them reminds me that I'm capable of damn near anything. And you are too! So, for all the lovely ladies in my life (whomever you are, however you identify), here's my official Women's Day playlist. Turn it up and give'r. Girl power!!

No comments:

Post a Comment