Sunday 26 October 2014

This is not the greatest song in the world, no...

... This is just a tribute.

This is also my obligatory first post on She's a Jukebox Hero, so thanks for stopping by. For starters, I should lay a couple of things on the table:

a) I'm no musician. I absolutely kill Ice Ice Baby at karaoke and I play one hell of an air piano, but I possess no musical prowess whatsoever.

b) I'm no journalist. I dig the written word, sure. But just like I've never been trained as a musician, I've never been trained as a writer.

I am, however, what some would call a "die hard" - I have been called an "authority on classic rock" on more than one occasion. If there's a book on a band I love, chances are I've read it twice. The money I've spent on concert tickets and band tee's alone could probably have been enough to buy a new car. Or maybe a house.

I may not be a trained professional, but the musical world is one I've submersed myself in since I was just a lil' guy. Music is what I love.

What you will find here is merely a collection of my opinions. Feel free to agree or disagree with whatever you read. Feedback is always welcome, suggestions are always encouraged, requests will be attempted to be granted, but respect is always mandatory. So, if you're pickin' up what it is I've put down, awesome! We're in for a time.

Stay tuned...

No comments:

Post a Comment