Sunday 21 June 2015

Phil's Playlist - Songs That Remind Me of My Dad



Everything I know and love about music, I learned from my dad. He started teaching me as early as he could (Beatles songs served as my lullabies), and he introduced me to all of my favourite bands. And as I grew, I read his books about David Cross and John Lennon. I learned what I could about the stories behind our favourite songs. I memorized and dissected all my favourite lyrics. I discovered new and sometimes unusual (read: Kate Bush) artists. And I came to rely on the various albums that acted as soundtracks to our days and our rainy nights. To this day, one of my favourite things to do is turn the lights down, turn the record player up, and just appreciate the magic - something I've definitely picked up from my father. He inspired me to keep listening, keep learning, and keep discovering new music. Dad, I'm cool because of you. You've always been there to support me, and even when you're miles away, all I have to do is put on a record to feel your presence. Thank you for a lifetime of great music and unconditional love. Happy Father's Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment